Checking In, Day #5

I’ll call it day #5 since I technically started Monday.

Well, I didn’t post yesterday about my progress obviously. I felt really miserable. I had to work, too, and was hoping for a slow day since it was a holiday. But actually, I ended up getting one of the highest line counts I’ve had in a long time. I guess that’s what an hour-long dictation will get you though. It took me three long hours to get through it, but I’m glad it’s done. And now, here I am, still sniffly, feeling a bit better, but tormented by sneezes that want to drive me nuts me. They are lurking in my nose, making me sniff, making my eyes water like crazy, hiding in the shadows. But they don’t actually want to come out. And so here I sit.

I didn’t work out yesterday or the day before because I haven’t felt well. Today, it seems I am on the mend. I can at least smell and taste my food now! That is saying something. We are expecting some visitors this weekend. I was going to have my house spic and span, lovely meals prepared, the whole bit. As it is, none of that has really happened. I went to the grocery store with not enough time to get all the things I needed and had to wait in line for the cashier as I watched the clock hands slowly climb toward 3p.m. (which is when I start work). When I got home, David had the dog outside and informed me that he (the doggy) had stepped in his (the doggy’s) doo-doo. So, I had to give him a bath because David had to go get a bookcase, and I was definitely late to work by then. My carpets desperately need to be vacuumed. What they actually need is to be shampooed, but that isn’t going to happen any time soon. The bathrooms, um, let’s not go there, and as far as food preparation, we have a couple bags of Jelly Belly’s hanging out on the counter. But, that could make for fun times had by all, so I guess we’re not doing too badly. Really, the only thing accomplished on my list was giving the dog a bath…three times in less than 24 hours. He needed one last night before I would let him jump on my bed. Then this morning, he stepped onto my wet garden patch and got muddy, and then the doody incident.  But, our visitors are very gracious and I know they won’t even notice a little dust here and there. After all, they don’t come visit us because we have a clean house. They come because they want to see us. I just need to remember that when I’m in the middle of stressing out.

Okay, now as far as working out, I plan on doing either the 20-minute Pilates workout or the Billy Blanks 8-minute workout, at least something. That is, of course, as long as I’m still feeling well by this evening. And I have SO much to do. Did I mention that already? SO much. And my dear fellow work-out buddies (I know of one! Hi Elissa!), how are you doing on your progress this week? Has it been a bad week for working out or pretty good? Do you feel under the weather too? That seems to be going around this time of year. So far, I know of at least six other people who have or have had the same creeping crud besides me.

Lastly, for a further clarification on the challenge (for me anyway). The idea is to work out Monday through Friday. I will leave Saturday up in the air as that is my catch up day for the week. Sunday is a day off.

And with that, I will bid you all adieu.

One Reply to “Checking In, Day #5”

  1. Hi Lisa,

    What is up with this? I don’t check your blog for a couple of days and come back to find you are loaded with new posts! I like it.

    Your work out challenge sounds fun…in a weird way. Sorry you got to a rough start, with you being sick and all. Keep up the good work! I MIGHT think about joining the challenge, but that sounds like a lot of work.

    I am thankful you are feeling better!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *