It’s time to sweat. But I guess as a woman, I would be glowing instead. I was thinking lately, because that is something I do, and decided to blog about a new challenge. You may remember our Great Dinner Challenge a few months ago (which we were successful at! Yay!) in which we decided not to go out to eat at all (unless something came up suddenly, we traveled, etc.) until David was done with school. Since blogging about it kept me accountable in a way, I decided this time I would post about my new challenge. It’s an exercise challenge this time. I don’t know that I have a set time period like last time, but I can play it by ear. As far as requirements, I figured I would exercise at least once a day unless one or more of the following happens:
- I get sick (I think I feel a cold coming on. No, seriously!).
- We travel.
- Some other unforeseen event.
- Hmmm…come on, there have to be other excuses!
Okay, since this is all kind of being worked out (ha ha!!!) as I type, I’m open for suggestions. I figured my blog can be my work out buddy of sorts. Last year, I had some ladies over to our house promptly (for the most part) at 8am. It gave me a reason to exercise, tired or not, because I knew they were coming over and I got it out of the way first thing in the morning (after my cup of coffee of course). Since I’m not doing that anymore, I figured it would just be me and my blog. But, my blog has it easy. It just kind of sits here until I decide to do something with it. My blog doesn’t have to count calories or even break out into a glow. I’ll try not to be bitter… 🙂
Now, as far as what I’ll be doing with my workouts, I figured I would just do my exercise videos. I have several of them, a couple of which I borrowed. And I have to admit it: I have work-out-video ADHD. 🙂 What that really boils down to is…I need variety, people. Here is a list of the videos (borrowed and owned) that are in my possession right now:
- Denise Austin’s Boot Camp – A funny story about this one. The first time I did this, I thought it was THE hardest thing I’ve ever done and was sure I was going to die after the first 20 minutes. That is until I bought…
- Billy’s (as in Billy Blanks) Ultimate Boot Camp – Not exactly a walk in the park. In fact, by the time you’re done, you’ll be lucky if you can even walk. After I did this the first time, I was sore for nearly a week (I’m really not exaggerating here). It. Is. intense.
- Yoga Mama – a pregnancy workout video
- Winsor Pilates Accelerated Body Sculpting
- Winsor Pilates 20-minute workout
- Turbo Jam 5 Rockin’ Workouts (comes with Learn ‘N Burn, 20-minute workout, Turbo Sculpt, Cardio Party Mix 1, and Ab Jam)
- Bun Shaper by Tony Horton
- Slim in 6
- Denise Austin Pregnancy workout
- The Firm Low-Impact Aerobics (I didn’t think this was really all that low-impact)
- And lastly, Tae Bo Live (four workout VHS cassettes – an instructional video, 8-minute video, basic workout, and advanced)
Yesterday, I did the 20-minute Pilates workout and my 20-minute Turbo Jam workout. Today, I did the 20-minute workout again and the first 20 minutes of Denise Austin’s Boot Camp (it’s broken up into three segments, the first one being cardio). Tomorrow, I’m not sure what I’ll do. But, I’ll probably keep you informed, if not tomorrow then soon. And just to clarify, this is strictly (for now) an exercise challenge. I’ll be striving to keep an eye on my portion sizes but I don’t want to worry too much about that. I am interested in getting back into the habit of exercising.
So, who’s with me?